Sunday, July 6, 2014

If You Could Get The Sign In The Picture, That'd Be Great

Day 6
5 July

Fort Nelson, Canada to Grand Prairie, Canada
7 hrs 21 minutes


Today was a pretty boring and long driving day. We didn't have any fun stops for the day and just pressed on towards Grand Prairie.

We did stop in Dawson Creek to get a photo with the famous "Alaska Highway" sign. Before I even stepped out of the car a man walked over asking if I could take their picture, of course I said yes and when I got over to his family standing under the sign he says to me "If you could get the sign in the picture, that's be great." Ha ha, I couldn't help but laugh and really wanted to tell him I was a photographer and he didn't have to worry about that, but I just said of course and bit my lip.

We did leave behind the mountains and traded them for some beautiful farm country; reminded me a lot of Pennsylvania!

We settled into our hotel in Grand Prairie and made popcorn and did some laundry. Not much exciting to report. I'm super tired since I drove the whole day, so I'm off to bed! Tomorrow we plan to camp in Jasper National Park....super excited about that!

Gnight!

Susan
The start (or finish for us) of the Alaska Highway! 



No comments: